Thursday, February 21, 2019

Starting again

So......I am debating whether I should start a new Blog, one that I actually post on! Ha! I am a bit curious what this "The Potter's Touch" Blog would have looked like had I kept posting. I am not really sure why I stopped writing.  Well, that may not be a true statement.  I think I stopped because there was so much was going on in my life, things that were difficult--very difficult-- and I didn't want to write about it, didn't want to share, I wanted to get away from it all.  At the end of the day, I for sure did not want to sit down and rehash it all in the form of a Blog.  However, I can assure you there would have been a lot of good life lessons there for people to glean from!!  

Since my last post in 2014, I have dealt with issues I never imagined I would have had to face.  We have gone through struggles and heartbreak.  I have had to learn how to cope, how to press on, how to set boundaries, how to love, how to forgive, how to surrender. You get the picture.  I learned so much....... and I am still learning but I am so glad to have those hard times in the rearview mirror.  Lord knows I pray that the rearview mirror is where the deepest hurts and the hardest moments will stay.  

And this why I am thinking about starting another Blog. 

I've discovered that there is not a lot out there for, and from, women over 50 (which is me)!  I don't want to share what is in my rear view mirror, I want to share life now!  We are embarking on the "great years"!  

My husband and I are 100% empty-nesters, both "kids" have graduated from University and are in the real world working--as of about a week ago.  So now, it is like it was when we were newly married without kids-- except now we have some money and are a bit more mature! (Which, trust me, is a good thing!) 

Life is amazing for us 50 and wiser women! 


I am going to make this 2nd half of my life the best half!  Why not???!! 

I used to say I was going to "grow old gracefully"--why settle for that?  
And what does that mean anyway?  

Embrace life, live life to the fullest! There is so much we can do, so much out there and growing old isn't on the radar screen yet.  Oh, and this it to be an encouragment and a wealth of information for those scared or concerned about hitting the big 5-0 and beyond! 

This is what I want in my new Blog--and social media! 

                       For us 50 or wiser, now is the time.  

Time to start something new or finish something you started!  

Start a new business, learn a new trade or hobby, travel if you want, embrace your passion, give, serve, get in shape, keep in shape, learn how to eat healthy, continue eating healthy, take a Barre class, take a Pilate's class, join a book club, learn to ride a motorcycle (I did that one). 

I for one am going to quit making excuses because I am "getting old"--I don't want to live into that mentality.  I want to make this BLOG  about walking through life TOGETHER!  I think we've all discovered that is the best way to do it!  

(Here is a picture of me on the way at see Justin Timberlake--I took a selfie to send to my daughter and make her jealous--ha!-- me seeing Justin Timberlake and then the man himself! Great concert!)  



No comments:

Post a Comment